Wednesday 6 April 2016

MY TICKET DON TEAR


 Image result for torn bet tickets pix

I bet what most of you guys know about football yesterday is that Barcelona won Athletico Madrid (2 -1) and Bayern Munich beat Benefic (1-0). But that was not all.

I subscribe to DSTV premium monthly chiefly because of sports (football and lawn tennis) and then the news (note the order).

My friend loves coming around very well for the same love of the game. We would argue the goals and the bookings.

But things have changed since the turn of this new year. Yes CHANGE; Dollar rate has changed. Fuel price has changed. Presidential travels and tours have increased, queue in the filling stations has increased (the no 1 cause of traffic now in many states).

I'm not writing this because DSTV subscription rates have changed too. No, I write because my DSTV premium subscription is no longer enough for my friend. My friend has CHANGED. His love for football has increased. Football for him is no longer just a game.

 Barcelona won Athletico Madrid: correct prediction

Bayern won Benfica: correct prediction

Stevenage draw with Yeovil town: correct prediction

The match between Oldham Atlectic and swindon town was his ticket tearer.

Though Swindon were away, he had predicted that they would muster a draw.
According to him, the point for such prediction was high and the odds were high too.
So while we watched the UEFA champions League, my friend was also busy with his phone for the Oldham Atlectic match. At about 82mins, Barca was still pressing for their third goal when my friend shouted in frustration. I thought I had missed something (Maybe a second yellow card for Suarez Cos he truly deserved a red card yesterday).

"what happened?" I quizzed

My friend then explained

" C Main just scored the second goal for Oldham Atlectic making with 2-0. No way back for Swindon"
YET ANOTHER TICKET TORN!!!!!!!!!

This morning I dashed into the chapel on my way to work for a quick prayer ( I really don't know how to make it long). Guess what I saw?
A man with hands fully spread out. Two knees on the ground. Two eyes shut. And mouth moving and probably speaking in tongues . In front of him lay some papers.
This man might be applying for VISA. Then I looked closely and it was BET9JA ticket.
Madrid vs Wolfsburg. PSG vs Man city. Of course you know that's not all. Al Halil will also be playing Al jazira.

There's another CHANGE in town. Whether the significant increase in SPORTS BETTING came before BUHARI or vice versa is still up for analysis.

But I bet you. It's not as complicated as the chicken and the egg question.

No comments:

Post a Comment