Friday 18 December 2015

MARRIAGE PROPOSAL



Image result for MARRIAGE PROPOSAL PIC
 MARRIAGE PROPOSAL
About saving the best for last. The best moments for so many ladies would be celebrated in their corners of our villages this yuletide season. Years of friendship, relationship and courtship would soon be consummated in a holy matrimony. We cherish marriages. We love and respect one another. We are not a class of Heart breakers and divorcees. So whatever happens at the end of December is there to last for a lifetime, till death do us part. Then till we meet to part no more. It is eternity, man!!!!

So you can imagine my happiness when my guy told me that he will be proposing to his girlfriend come December 25th, 2015. A golden ring with some silvery splashes atop. A table for two in an exquisite dinner room with me lurking behind to catch every moment with my 16.0 megapixel camera. The table we added would be adorned with rosy flowers and at the background, a gentle music would be playing; a music consistent with the plan. Cementing his position as one of the greatest romantic gentlemen, he suggested that the ring would be served as one of the dishes in disguise inside a plate which would also contain a handwritten poem from the proposer to the 'to-be-proposed'.

That gentle music that will be played on the background as he propose???? His choice was "I think I wanna Marry you" by Bruno Mars. I stood with two hands akimbo and asked whether he has heard the song. As in whether he had really understood he song. He joyously told him that he had seen romantic white boys propose to their gfs using that melodious song. He quickly reached into his pocket and brought out his mobile phone and called on me to come and watch the video.
Declining his invitation for I have seen the video before, I began to make him understand his proposed proposal song.

1. Bruno Mars said it was a beautiful night. And what was he looking for??? Bruno was looking for a DUMB thing to do!!!!!
Your proposal and subsequent marriage I explained to him is not a DUMB thing. It is not a stupid thing to do. We Africans value marriage.

2. Bruno again proposed elopement. ".....there is a little chapel in Boulevard, where we can go. No one will know......"
I asked my friend whether he was planning to elope with his girl after the proposal. He said, HELL, NO!!!!!
My third reason was actually the main reason I stood with two hands akimbo

3. Bruno was actually expecting a 'no long thing' in the whole issue. "....if we wake up, and you wanna break up. That's COOL. No, I won't blame you. It was FUN..."
Bruno and some of his white folks think marriage breakup as something COOL. And see marriage as just FUN.

I asked my friend again whether he wants his marriage to last just one night as Bruno was expected. His response was epic
"Ben, what nice song(s) do you reckon?"
I smiled and reached into my pocket and gave him a collection: "Golibe" by Flavor, "Special one" by Flavour etc. That guy has got good lyrics that promote our culture and heritage.
We Africans value marriage. We don't wake up to break up.

Our proposal plans are now complete. I JUST HOPE SHE DOESN'T READ THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment