Thursday 16 June 2016

DEAD MAN WALKING

 Image result for dead man walking pix
He is a jolly good fellow. I wouldn't say he is a talkative but he's vivacious. Fun to be around. So you will easily understand my surprise when I discovered he has not spoken to me for nearly 6hours. At first, I got it or so I thought; he probably woke up from the wrong side of the bed. I respected his silence. Who knows? Maybe he just fought off a mighty opponent from his dreams. I was allowing the 'new' him to wear off so he can tell me more about the dwindling economy and the most recent CBN policy.

But things took another turn when he was about going into the comfort room and I called out to him and he didn't answer. He didn't even look back. He just opened the door and shut it behind him. Gosh!!!!! My eyes opened and my mind did too. So many stories about some dead people who had been seen in some other places and soon vanished when the news of their death arrives. The stories are virtually the same; they wouldn't talk to you. And they would be fast and before you know it, they are gone. Then I remembered a remedy was offered to arrest such situation and bring the person back to life; a sharp razor cut does the magic.

So immediately I reached for a sharp razor. Then I tiptoed to the door side and waited. I can't afford the lose this friend. Nooooo!!!!!!!!

Immediately the toilet door flung open, I steadied and resolved not to miss. On sighting the first human part I took a sharp and clean slit. "Arrrrghhhhhhhhhhh, what was that???????" My friend said writhe in pain. Quickly I made the sign of cross and replied: "welcome back bro. You were dead, now you are life".
"What?" he enquired trying to stop the bleeding. I explained the whole story of his silence and the childhood stories of the dead which he himself had always told me and believed all of it.

My guy shook his head and said to me: "Bia Ben, mind yourself ooooo. Don't you know this is Ramadan. I'm fasting alongside our Moslem brothers. I was praying that's why I have been silent.
I felt sorry and immediately apologized. But who knows???? MAYBE I JUST 'RESURRECTED' THE DEAD.

‪#‎hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha‬#
‪#‎happyramandan‬#

No comments:

Post a Comment