Thursday 29 September 2016

OBIECHINA THE REPENTANT OFFICER

Image result for INCHARGE OF FOOD AND DRINK
He called me yesterday night and was just apologizing: " Big bro, good morning. Hope you know who's speaking?". I replied " your voice is one I can easily decipher, Obiechina."

Actually I was hesitant not to pick his calls initially, but then who doesn't offend the other in this our world? His use of "Big bro" highlighted his desire for forgiveness. So i listened quietly to his pidgin-good English explanations :

"You know after that day I no come hear from you again. I no say you dey angry with. But bros, abeg no vex. Na instructions I dey follow that day ooo. The night before, we had a committee of friends meeting where we were given works and works description. My own was clear: food first to those who bought asoebi. Then to those who came with packages probably gift items. Then to others if it is still remaining. Even sef, drink na one person per bottle. You this Buhari thing. Everything don cost for market. Abeg no vex for your guy. That day my head full."

Of course I understand, being in charge in occasion is never easy. You try to satisfy the guests while also trying to make sure that the little resources go round. So I immediately accepted his apologies. Then I quipped: "My wedding na next week Saturday oooo."

"Bro, wait oooo. You mean your wedding na next week Saturday. He asked for clarity.
"Yes ooo my broda, 8th of October" I replied.

"Na im u dey talk small small? I will be there live and direct. I will help you out well well that day. Ask that your friend wey I organize him food and drink for am nah. I secure am tight. Even after the wedding, plenty meat and rice still remain" he boasted.

"Don't worry, before that day, we go yarn" I concluded.

I am now torn between the sale of 'national assets' and keeping them.
Obiechina will definitely come for my wedding. He will definitely serve in the occasion too. But in this era of CHANGE, I will change his role too.

I'm thinking he might serve better in arranging cars in the car park or maybe directing people who are not familiar with the terrain.

What do you think?

#8THOCTOBERISTHEDATE#
#10daystogo#

PHOTO CREDIT: www.frenchvillagecollege.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. No try am o.He go swear for you. Serving is what he does best. So putting him in a new role is like putting a square peg in a round hole!

    ReplyDelete