Tuesday 30 August 2016

BETWEEN THE TWO FATIMAS


Image result for beads of prayer for  catholics
ROSARY OF FATIMA
Image result for beads of prayer for muslims
TESBIH OF FATIMAH
I have jumped off my bed some mornings without saying a single prayer. I have dozed off many a nights without thanking Him for life, love and guidance. Those nights I chatted, read LIB, followed Barcelona matches and even made some calls regarding events of tomorrow and the next as if I have life warranty. I want to grow better.

So today I jumped into a commercial bus en route work. "We are finishing a 9 day novena today" my brain recalled. Quickly I dipped my hands into my jean pocket and brought out a chaplet. That was when it all started:

I was between two passengers of easily recognizable religion; a man dressed in jalabiya, with a heavy mustache hanging from his jaw. And a beautiful young lady with a finger rosary on the fourth finger.
I made the sign of the cross; my jalabiya-wearing friend knew I wasn't a fellow. The young lady saw in me a fellow and a friend. But then the speed with which I slid over the rosary beads brought further confusion.
The jalabia-wearing man became interested in me and my prayers. The prayer pattern was similar to his; the counts were as fast as the inaudible recitations. Proudly, he reached into his pocket and brought out his tesbih and started counting.

When I was done, I turned to the beautiful lady who now was feeling left out and said: "it is the rosary of Mother of Perpetual help". She smiled and then I added “your sacramental is on the fourth finger. It seems you are married to Jesus?" She chortled and said: “Actually, not really. I always pray I see a Christ-loving man to marry. Someone who can pray anywhere without fear or shame"
Immediately, my phone which has been on my right thigh next to her, rang. The caller's number as displayed on the screen was "MY QUEEN". I picked the call and exchanged some lovely greetings. Then said some 'yes, alright, no problem, see ya.'

When I ended the call, the countenance on my beautiful co-passenger wasn't as cheerful as before. So I went on to explain: “Actually, I always prayed that THE QUEEN OF HOLY ROSARY should call me. And she just did.

#prayeristhekey#
#Oct8istheday#

Photo credits: www.patheos.com and www.pininterest.com

5 comments:

  1. Uncle Ben!!!!!! Hope d Lady beside u was fair in complexion, a bit tall in height, with one of the most beautiful smiles, and on nd on.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the lady that will be beside me will be all these. #winks#

      Delete
  2. Now you see how your new female friend thinks. She finds it hard to see herself struggle with the"Queens" for she cant't stand being unnoticeable.

    But how did the jalabiya man holding his tesbih feel about this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I was too busy with the lady I lost track of his feelings hidden or displayed

      Delete
  3. he must have been a single lady who was curious about a fellow in faith

    ReplyDelete