Wednesday 16 November 2016

SOMEBODY KEKE DRIVER



 Image result for keke driver
There are things you just can't explain.  You just wish the other person will understand. 

The recession is really getting to us all and MMM gaining more popularity. The banks have tasked it's staffs to make extra efforts in winning over customers at all cost. 

So yesterday, an elegant lady walked into my office. I was still battling to see if I could pull off an Einstein in a post-graduate examination slated for Thursday.  I attended no class and I just received the course outline on Saturday. So my head was down and my eyes fixed on the downloaded materials which I was trying to make meaning out of, when she walked in. I thought it was the secretary approaching to relay a message.
But then the "Good afternoon Sir" sounded more like those recorded voice messages you hear when you call customer care line (or when they call you ). So I quickly looked up to match the face to an automated machine and lo, before me stood an elegant lady; tall, slender, her black suit well ironed and with a smile perfectly carved out from her cheeks. The smile and the position didn't change for seconds and I wondered whether she has been sent to perform the Mannequin challenge to customers in a bid to keep them happy and open more corporate accounts. 

I then responded: “Good afternoon dear. Can I help you?" You know, when a man says to a lady "can I help you?" he really wants to help. Same cannot be said vice versa. So I wanted to see if I can help her. She quickly introduced herself and her company, as if the rectangular rosette pinned to left of her suit pocket, slightly above her mammalian endowment wasn't enough billboard of where she works.
"Sir, do you have an account with us?" She inquired. I said yes. She asked for the type of account and when I said "Savings" She started selling the "Corporate account" type to me.
That was when I looked closely and noticed a familiarity. Out of curiosity I asked: “wait, did you take the NNPC aptitude test back in 2011 at Enugu?" She drew back a little and with surprise engulfing her countenance, she replied with a question-filled "Yes". Her name unlike the exam materials I was reading struck a chord in me: " You said you are Ifeoma?" 

She had placed her phones on my table during the course of her introduction.  I wanted to use her phone to call my line, but to avoid sending a wrong message across I reached for my phone. Scrolled up to Ifeoma-NNPC and dialed. One of her phones started ringing. We were thrilled and we looked into her phone at the same time: for me, it was to confirm if it was actually my number showing. What I saw got me uneasy, unsettled and even doubting my occupation: "BENJAMIN KEKE ENUGU." I tried hiding my disappointment but then she said: “wow. What a small world.  So you were the KEKE driver boy that took us to the Examination center?"

You definitely can't guess my next reaction.

Anyway, we had a nice chat and I promised to open a corporate account of my KEKE business with her bank.

photo credit: awkacity.com

4 comments:

  1. 😂😂😂😂😂😂. This time open the account as BENJAMIN KEKE!

    Ifeoma has a way of naming people. Too nsd you named her as Ifeoma-NNPC. IMAGINE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lolzzz... Who knws, mayb u r not d only Benjamin saved on her phone. Guess u shld do a write up bout "How names r. Saved on phones by Gals"...

    ReplyDelete